Make A Plan
Set A Goal
No matter what your approach. This gives participants something to work toward and a benchmark for success. The goal can be based on the amount raised the last time, or you can set a goal based on the number of participants, or even a certain number of shelf-stable foods you wish to collect.
Participants should have a visible and easy to find collection site of where to bring the food.
Share information throughout your organization, church or group to raise involvement and get peopl eexcited about collecting food. HOPE can help you with resources. You can also remind people about your food drive in your e-mail signature or voicemail message, your organizations website, and on social media.
Collect the Food
Don’t forget to keep the progress updated on your social media!
Deliver to HOPE
Please plan to bring your food drive to HOPE at 2008 Pageland Highway between the hours of 9:00am – 3:30pm Monday through Friday – ring the bell and our staff and volunteers would love to help you unload and weigh in your food. For times outside of our collection hours or other arrangments contact Tim Hale, Food Pantry Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Offer incentives for people who participate, like a casual dress day, blue jean Friday or free
- Hold a party or luncheon as part of the drive with the price of admission set at 5 cans of food
or a $5 donation
- Organize a contest between departments, teams or groups with awards for the group that
raises the most food and/or financial contributions. Give prizes like a pizza lunch, a free party,
an extra hour for lunch or breakfast with an executive
- Get coworkers or businesses to donate prizes for a drawing. Sell tickets or give one ticket for
each bag of groceries donated. Hold the drawing at the end of the food drive
- Set up coin cans in prominent locations for people to donate spare change
Get the Word Out
- Hang food drive posters around your office, church or school
- Host a kick-off event to build excitement about your food drive
- Distribute food drive flyers in employee mailboxes or send them home with students
- Include food drive details in your e-newsletter
- Send email reminders to participants the day the food drive begins and email progress
updates throughout the drive
If you have questions or would like further information regarding donating food to HOPE please contact Time Hale, Food Pantry – Food Share Manager.